Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Apodaca Overshadows Obama

If I had known that in celebrating Obama's victory I was going to steal momentarily his international spotlight, I might have thought twice about it. But since we don't have to worry about the polls anymore, I'll go with it. For those of you wondering about the headline, Chennai has somewhat of a nightlife problem, besides the fact that the whole city shuts down at 11pm. Actually, its kind of like living in Lynden, only 7 million people strong. I've gathered that because of cultural restraints, women do not typically go out as much as men, ergo the shortage of women in bars. Several places around town won't even let you in unless accompanied by a women. I'll never forget the first time I was denied entrance into a bar in Chennai. I felt like I was 18, trying to sneek into the Blarney Stone. Regardless of this rule, however, every time I have gone to one of these discriminatory places, pictured above, there is still way too many dudes there - as the article suggests.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: