Sunday, November 2, 2008

Subway

I like Indian food a lot. Unfortunately, it is not treating my stomach so well these days, but I have found refuge in ordering sandwiches from the nearby Subway. However, I am increasingly frustrated by the fact that I cannot order a footlong even though it is on the menu. "Only six inch", they say. Is it too much to ask that they stop and think for one second about this proposition? Of course, I could do the work for them and order two six inchers, but the price is 139 bucks for a six inch and 224 for a footlong. So ordering two sixers would cost 54 bucks more. Even though I have explained this them over and over, and even though I put a Tamil speaker on the phone to explain it, they won't budge.

Of all the difficulties I have encountered in my time here, this one is putting me over the edge.

No comments: